Updated August 17, 2019
On May 26, 2017, The Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge experience debuted at Disneyland.
I was there the second date to try it out, take photos and share my experience.
For all the Disney provided details on this option (including pricing) and to book via the Disneyland website, visit this link.
Or, call 714.781.DINE to reserve.
Let’s take a look at what you can expect.
This dining experience includes a laid back “lounge” atmosphere where you will enjoy a beverage and box of desserts while taking in views of the park from a vantage point many guests haven’t seen before.
Disney describes it as:
“High above Tomorrowland, you’ll have plenty of time to relax from the balcony lounge of Tomorrowland Expo Center. And if a fireworks spectacular is scheduled, you can catch a glimpse of it right from your seat. The lounge area is open to party Guests from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM, so you can sit or stroll around for a full 2 hours or even come and go at your leisure.
Each ticketed Guest receives a boxed treat containing seasonal fruits, cheese and assorted sweets, plus choice of hot or cold non-alcoholic beverage. Please note that food and beverage offerings are subject to change.
There is ample seating at this event, but due to space considerations you may be seated with another party. Separate Disneyland theme park admission is required and not included in the price of this event.
Fireworks shows take place on select nights and are subject to cancellation without notice due to weather or other circumstances. Please check schedule for performance times.”
- Reservations are recommended, but you don’t have to pre-pay in full. If you don’t show, the standard $10 per person penalty charge will be applied to your credit card on file.
- The lounge is open from 8pm-10pm.
- Children 2 and under are free and can eat off of your plate.
- If fireworks are cancelled, you will not be offered a refund.
- Special diets will be accommodated. When making your reservation, be sure to include notes on exactly what you can and cannot eat so that Disney can make a special box for you.
Take a look at what you can expect from this experience.
Check in across from Star Trader, in Tomorrowland, at this kiosk:
Head over to the Star Wars Launch Bay (formerly Innoventions) after signing in and paying.
Guests will receive this lanyard:
Enter the lounge here:
The food is awesome.
Coffee, hot chocolate, tea, sodas, water, etc. Unlimited drinks for each guest.
Each table has a charging station.
I really enjoyed this experience. The food was good (the Mickey Cloud Cake is what dreams are made of and the Moon Rocks cheese ball is divine.) The lounge is pretty and it felt awesome to be high above the busy park after a long day.
Fireworks are not a guaranteed part of this experience. With that in mind, if I had paid for my whole family to attend, I would have left disappointed. $225 is more than I can afford for what is offered. Fireworks are cancelled often at Disneyland due to its location within the city of Anaheim. So, please keep in mind that there will always be a chance that you will only be able to enjoy the lounge, food, atmosphere and fun.
For some families, this will be a fit. Seeing Mickey interact with guests was a lot of fun. He played checkers with some kids, posed for photos, and more. It was a more personal experience than what seeing Mickey in the park can provide. Having phone chargers was nice. The furniture was comfortable and the atmosphere, overall, was lovely.
- Arrive 30 minutes early if you want your choice of seating. There really isn’t a bad seating option, though.
- You may come and go to the lounge, as you will have a wrist band.
- Restrooms are not located on site. You will have to leave and visit the location near Autopia or to the right of Space Mountain to use the restroom.
- The parade cannot be seen from this location.
- Music from the Tomorrowland Terrace can be heard from this location, which was fun. Bands typically play on weekends only.
- Bring a sweater, as this location is a bit chillier than other parts of the park.
I’m anxious to know how guests respond to this option. If you try it, leave me a comment! Have a question? Happy to help you.