Updated April 12, 2019
- Fantasmic! – closes 4.29.2019; reopens 5.3.2019
- Sleeping Beauty Castle – reopen TBD (rumors suggest Memorial Day) details here on the project; this link has castle refurbishment photos
- Astro Orbitor – reopens 4.16.2019
- Galaxy’s Edge – opens May 31, 2019
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – closes 5.16.2019; reopens 5.24.2019
- Cafe Orleans – closes 5.6.2019; reopens 5.17.2019
- Food and Wine Festival – ends 4.23.2019
- Silly Symphony Swings – reopen TBD
- Red Car Trolley – reopen TBD (Red Car Trolley News Boys Show still on schedule)
- Emotional Whirlwind – attraction redesign of Flik’s Flyers will open on Pixar Pier 2019 – more at this link
- “Mickey’s PhilharMagic” at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land – opens April 2019
I visit Disneyland weekly and walk Downtown Disney during every trip to check on construction progress for the (now cancelled) new hotel. Here is a link to my latest update.
DTD business changes currently in progress:
- Rinse Bath and Body will be opening in 2019 at the west end of Downtown Disney; more here
- Pop Up! Disney, a Mickey Celebration opens 4.26.2019; no end date yet; tickets on sale here
- Sugarboo & Company – opening Spring 2019; more here
- Black Tap Craft Burgers and Shakes – opening Spring 2019 where Build-a-Bear used to be
Closed for the intended Disney hotel construction in late June 2018:
- AMC Theatres – closed (will reopen in 2019 at the Anaheim GardenWalk)
- Rainforest Cafe – closed permanently
- ESPN Zone – closed – this space will open as a Disney pop up event 4.26.2019; info here and here
- Earl of Sandwich – reopened for a limited time in fall of 2018
- Alamo Car Rental – closed (moved into Paradise Pier Hotel)
- Starbucks West Side Location – reopened!
- Disney Vacation Rentals and Walt Disney Travel – closed (will operate elsewhere on site)
DISNEYLAND RESORT HOTELS
- A new pool bar will open at the Grand Californian Hotel in Spring 2019
- Disneyland Hotel pool refurbishments will last until May 2019. Per the Disney website: From January 7 to March 2019, the D-Ticket Pool, Mickey Spa, Minnie Spa, Monorail Pool and waterslides will be unavailable. Hotel Guests are invited to enjoy the E-Ticket Pool and will also have access to the California Streamin’ waterslide at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. After March 2019, the D-Ticket Pool and Mickey Spa will once again be available to Guests, but the Monorail Pool, waterslides and Minnie Spa will remain unavailable until May 2019. To minimize disruptions to hotel guests, work will be limited to between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
(More info on the below developments here.)
- Pixar Pals Parking Structure – opens July 2019
- Additional 2,000 spaces and security checkpoints added to Toy Story Parking Lot – Summer 2019
- “Empty Schedule” means that Disney hasn’t added times yet. Don’t panic.
- “Schedule unavailable” means that this attraction, show or dining location is likely under refurbishment.