Updated February 30, 2019
*I keep this page updated as often as possible. To find out details on your specific trip, visit the Disneyland website directly and change the dates on the calendar to match your timing. For attractions, visit this link. For entertainment, visit this link.
- Mickey’s Mix Magic (laser/light show) – began 1.18.2019
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade – returned 1.25.2019
- Fantasmic! – reopens 3.8.2019
- Valentine’s Month at Disneyland – ends 2.18.2019
- Sleeping Beauty Castle – extensive refurbishment began 1.7.2019; reopen TBD (details here; some estimate May) ***this link has my most recent visit’s photo tour of what the castle looks like
- Astro Orbitor – reopen TBD (Spring 2019)
- Space Mountain – closes 2.25.2019; reopens 3.15.2019
- Sailing Ship Columbia – reopens 3.8.2019
- Indiana Jones – closes 3.19.2019; reopens 3.22.2019
- Galaxy’s Edge – opening June 2019 (estimate)
- Mint Julep Bar – reopens 3.2.2019
- Food and Wine Festival – begins 3.2.2019; ends 4.23.2019
- World of Color – returns 2.23.2019
- Grizzly River Run – reopen TBD (Spring 2019 according to Disney)
- Silly Symphony Swings – closes 3.4.2019; reopen TBD
- Emotional Whirlwind – attraction redesign of Flik’s Flyers will open in Pixar Pier 2019 – more at this link
- King Triton’s Carousel – reopens as Jessie’s Critter Carousel in 2019 – more at this link
I visit Disneyland weekly and walk Downtown Disney during every trip to check on construction progress for the (now cancelled) new hotel. Here is a link to the latest changes.
Disney has stated that the space intended for the hotel will be reimagined with a focus on dining, shopping and entertainment. As things progress, I’ll edit the link above with my latest tour through this area. The post provided above shows the current state of Downtown Disney.
DTD business changes currently in progress:
- Earl of Sandwich – reopened for a limited time Fall 2018; more info at this link
- Ballast Point Brewery – opened January 16, 2019 where Ridemakerz used to be (review here)
- Black Tap Craft Burgers and Brewery – opening early 2019 where Build-a-Bear used to be
Closed for the intended Disney hotel construction in late June 2018:
- AMC Theatres – closed (will reopen in 2019 at the Anaheim GardenWalk)
- Rainforest Cafe – closed
- ESPN Zone – closed – this space will open as a Disney pop up event soon; info here
- Earl of Sandwich – reopened for a limited time in fall of 2018
- Alamo Car Rental – closed (moved into Paradise Pier Hotel)
- Starbucks West Side Location – reopened!
- Disney Vacation Rentals and Walt Disney Travel – closed (will operate elsewhere on site)
DISNEYLAND RESORT HOTELS
- A new pool bar will open at the Grand Californian Hotel in Spring 2019
- Disneyland Hotel pool refurbishments will last until May 2019. Per the Disney website: From January 7 to March 2019, the D-Ticket Pool, Mickey Spa, Minnie Spa, Monorail Pool and waterslides will be unavailable. Hotel Guests are invited to enjoy the E-Ticket Pool and will also have access to the California Streamin’ waterslide at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. After March 2019, the D-Ticket Pool and Mickey Spa will once again be available to Guests, but the Monorail Pool, waterslides and Minnie Spa will remain unavailable until May 2019. To minimize disruptions to hotel guests, work will be limited to between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.