Updated October 16, 2018
I reviewed the Hungry Bear Fantasmic! Dining Package on 8.9.2017. This is the most affordable of the three Fantasmic! options and still has a fantastic view.
If Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace are out of your price range, I recommend considering Hungry Bear.
With a Fantasmic! dining package, you will pay for your meal and with it, you’ll receive a “FASTPASS” that saves you a spot in a great location to watch Fantasmic! later that evening.
I dined at 3:15pm, which gave me a return ticket for the earlier Fastasmic!, which is at 9:00pm.
Take a look at all of your options for Fantasmic! in this post.
Let’s look at all the details.
In this article
***Tax and gratuity are not included.
Adults (age 10 and over) – $29.99
Kids (age 3-9) – $19.99
Infants (up to age 2) – FREE (children age 2 and under do not have to pay for the meal and do not have to have a FASTPASS to enter the viewing area; a meal will not be provided to your child; he or she can eat off your plate)
Dining times for Hungry Bear start each day at 3:00pm. When you book – online or on the phone directly with Disney – you will learn which show your dining time is assigned to. The FASTPASS that you receive that allows you into your viewing location will state this show time, too. You may not attend a show other than the one your FASTPASS assigns you to.
Dining packages are always popular at Disneyland and with the return of Fantasmic!, these are in high demand. Do not hesitate to book your package now. If you change your mind on using it, cancel within 24 hours of your dining time so that your credit card on file is not charged the $10 per person cancellation penalty. These packages do not require pre-payment. All you have to do now is make the reservation. The app does not allow you to make these reservations. You must use the Disneyland site or call Disney directly at (714) 781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily (Pacific Time) to book.
Annual Pass discounts apply to all dining packages.
Dining packages can be booked 60 days out from the day you plan to dine at Disneyland.
Book this package online here.
Here is the menu for both kids and adults with additional options at the bottom.
(If you don’t care for the menu offerings for adults or children, you can order from the standard menu at Hungry Bear. You will still pay the prices here – $29.99 and $19.99. Coke products are also available if you prefer those instead of Blue Sky Sodas.)
Hungry Bear is located in Critter Country, on the path leading to Splash Mountain. The dining area is outdoors and overlooks the Rivers of America.
This option is great for young kids because you don’t have to worry about them being too loud. There’s room for little ones to run around, too.
Here was my view:
I didn’t love what I ordered – the Pork Riblets. They’re weren’t bad, but next time I think I’ll try the BBQ Chicken.
At Hungry Bear, you can dine there or take your food to go. It’s all wrapped up for you when you arrive.
Everything is included in case you dine elsewhere. Cutlery, napkins, etc.
LOVE the Blue Sky Soda options.
Where The Viewing Location Is and When To Arrive
After paying your bill, you’ll get a “FASTPASS” that looks like this:
You’ll enter near Habour Galley. Arrive by 8:00pm to secure a good spot. Look for this sign:
Show the cast member your FASTPASS and proceed on this path:
Hungry Bear’s section is next to Blue Bayou.
Check out my view:
Not bad for $30!
Here is the crowd on each side at show time:
Depending on when you dine, you will have a Return Ticket or “FASTPASS” for one of two shows – typically scheduled for 9:00pm or 10:30pm.
If you are seeing the 9:00pm show, arrive by 8:00pm to claim your spot. A few minutes after the show ends, Fireworks will begin (if they’re scheduled and weather doesn’t deter them). Stay right where you are for Fireworks. Don’t try to make it over to the castle. It’s too hectic and you won’t make it in time. Stand up after Fantasmic! ends (you’ll be directed to on the loud speaker) and watch Fireworks from where you watched Fantasmic! (More details below.)
If you are seeing the 10:30pm show, watch Fireworks (if they’re scheduled and weather doesn’t deter them) from wherever you wish and then head over to the viewing section as soon as they end. The later show allows all three dining package option guests to sit in the same section. So, you will want to grab a spot as soon as Fireworks end. You can watch them from the viewing area that you will sit in to watch Fantasmic! It’s open to everyone. Then, when the ropes go up to start reserving space for the dining packages, you can be right there ready to claim your spot.
Everything moves quickly here. 9:00pm Fantasmic!, 9:30pm Fireworks, 10:30pm Fantasmic! Cast members are great at keeping people moving. Know ahead of time where to go and you’ll have great views for all shows.
If fireworks are scheduled for the evening you watch Fantasmic! (with or without a dining package), and you’re slated for the first Fantasmic!, stay right where you are for the show.
Click on this link to see if fireworks are scheduled during your visit.
You’ll be advised to stand (by the magical voice on the Disneyland loud speaker), but it’s a great place to watch fireworks, as you can see them shooting off in all the locations. Projections that accompany the show are visible on a water screen (like World of Color), in front of Tom Sawyer Island.
So, as you can see from this photo, fireworks are going off to the right and then the projections are in front of you. These are the same projections you will find on the castle and the it’s a small world facade.
(Fireworks are not part of the dining package and are never guaranteed.)
- I think this dining package is an excellent value. The viewing section is fantastic – right next to Blue Bayou, which is much pricier – at $65 a person.
- Technically, the only sections that are guaranteed to be able to sit on the ground while watching the show are Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace. If the crowds are heavy enough, guests in the Hungry Bear section may be asked to stand to accommodate more people. However, in the three times I watched Fantasmic! shortly after it began in the busy summer, and every time since then, I never saw this section have to stand. That being said, it is entirely possible that you will stand in this section. Be prepared for that so that you’re not disappointed.
- The second showing of Fantasmic! typically includes all three dining package sections mixed together in one section. Meaning, guests who dined with the Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace packages will be seated with those from Hungry Bear. Why? Most guests prefer the earlier show, so many more dining packages are sold for that earlier time. This isn’t a guarantee, but I have yet to see the three sections separated for the later show. What this means for Hungry Bear dining package guests – Well done on a super low price for front row! If you arrive early enough, you have the same possibility to grab front row as those who paid much higher prices for Blue Bayou or River Belle Terrace.
- Within each dining package section, guests in wheelchairs or ECVs are stationed near the back of the section so that they’re not blocking other guests’ views since they’ll be sitting on the ground. Feel free to enjoy any of the dining packages and know you can sit with everyone in your party within in the dining package sections noted on the map above.
- Disneyland is super accommodating with food allergies. If you have specific needs, share those when you book online in the section provided. If you call in to book, let the cast member helping you know your needs. Then, when you check in at your dining time, reiterate those details again.
- I’ll be back with my kids to dine here again. The food and viewing section are totally worth the money.
- I have sat front row, right by the iron railing for this show several times and never had an issue with getting wet. However, several readers have told me that they got SOAKED. If the wind is blowing in the direction of the crowd, be prepared to get a little or a lot wet. Set up in the middle of the section if this is a concern.
- If you don’t care for Blue Sky Soda, you can purchase a Coke product instead.
- If you don’t care for the menu choices, you can choose from their regular menu which is less “exotic” and more so “burgers and fries”. But, you will still pay the stated price for adult or child.
- You can find my review on Blue Bayou’s Fantasmic! dining package at this link. It’s the most expensive option and includes a cushion to sit on during the show.
- You can find my review on River Belle Terrace’s dining package at this link. It’s the mid-range option and has an upgrade available to actually watch the show from your table.