Updated October 16, 2018
I reviewed the Blue Bayou Fantasmic! Dining Package on August 6, 2017. I enjoyed it a couple of years ago, prior to the show going on hiatus while Star Wars Land developed.
It felt very similar to that experience. The menu felt the same, the viewing area is the best (again) and cushions were part of the package. Yay!
With a Fantasmic! dining package, you will pay for your meal and with it, you’ll receive a “FASTPASS” that saves you a spot in a great location to watch Fantasmic! later that evening.
I dined at 8:30pm, so I was slated for the 10:30pm Fantasmic! If I had hustled through dinner, I could have walked out to see the Fireworks at 9:30pm. But, I wanted to take my time.
Take a look at all of your options for Fantasmic! within this post.
Let’s take a look at all the details.
In this article
***Tax and gratuity are not included.
Adults (age 10 and over) – $72 for dinner; $62 for lunch
Kids (age 3-9) – $29 for lunch or dinner
Infants (up to age 2) – FREE (children age 2 and under do not have to pay for the meal and do not have to have a FASTPASS to enter the viewing area; a meal will not be provided to your child; he or she can eat off your plate)
Dining times for Blue Bayou start each day at 4:00pm. When you book – online or on the phone directly with Disney – you will learn which show your dining time is assigned to. The FASTPASS that you receive that allows you into your viewing location will state this show time, too. You may not attend a show other than the one your FASTPASS assigns you to.
Dining packages are always popular at Disneyland and with the return of Fantasmic!, these are in high demand. Do not hesitate to book your package now. If you change your mind on using it, cancel within 24 hours of your dining time so that your credit card on file is not charged the $10 per person cancellation penalty. These packages do not require pre-payment. All you have to do now is make the reservation. The app does not allow you to make these reservations. You must use the Disneyland site or call Disney directly at (714) 781-DINE (3463) between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily (Pacific Time) to book.
Annual Pass discounts apply to all dining packages, but the discount won’t apply to the upgraded portion of your bill. For example, if you booked the Upgraded Blue Bayou package, you will receive your discount on the $65 per person portion, but not the $25 upgrade per person.
Dining packages can be booked 60 days out from the day you plan to dine at Disneyland.
Book this package online here.
Here are the menus (adult and child) for Blue Bayou. These options are different from the regular menus offered. With a regular Blue Bayou reservation, you can order as you wish from the normal menu. Dining Packages include prix fix menus.
Blue Bayou opened in 1967 and has always been old school fabulous. Decades ago, guests were rarely seen in anything other than suits and dresses at this location. It was and is THE premiere dining at Disneyland.
The restaurant is housed inside the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and you will see the boats float by as you dine. If you’re interested in a water-side table (there are only about 15 tables located right next to the water), go by the reservation podium located at the front of the restaurant about 30 minutes prior to your reservation time and ask if you could please sit water-side. Your wait may be a little longer than expected, but many guests think this is an essential part of dining at Blue Bayou.
Here is the dining room:
And, a peek at one of the boats floating by:
I chose the Louisiana Spiced Shrimp to start:
And, then the Surf & Turf as my entree:
And, the Sorcerer Mickey for dessert:
I also had a Mint Julep, which is a drink option with the regular dining package. It was a bit sweet for me. A proper Bourbon would balance that out. No booze at Disneyland! Don’t even ask.
Where the Viewing Location is and When to Arrive
After paying your bill, you’ll receive a “FASTPASS” that looks like this:
You’re directed to arrive near the Haunted Mansion, but the entrance is actually closer to Harbour Galley.
I didn’t see a clear sign that read “Blue Bayou”, but here is where I went in:
This the best viewing spot for Fantasmic! You will sit on the ground with a dead center view of Tom Sawyer Island, where the show is based. You will have an iron railing in front of you, but it won’t affect your view or experience.
Check out this video for the view:
Visit my review on River Belle Terrace for photos from essentially the same spot since these two sections are right next to each other. (I couldn’t take photos during the show I saw from the Blue Bayou section because I was videoing. I’m assuming there’s some techy voodoo I could do to take some still shots from my video, but that won’t be happening anytime soon. I can barely work my VCR.)
Depending on when you dine, you will have a Return Ticket or “FASTPASS” for one of two shows – typically scheduled for 9:00pm or 10:30pm.
If you are seeing the 9:00pm show, arrive by 8:00pm to claim your spot. A few minutes after the show ends, Fireworks will begin (if they’re scheduled and weather doesn’t deter them). Stay right where you are for Fireworks. Don’t try to make it over to the castle. It’s too hectic and you won’t make it in time. Stand up after Fantasmic! ends (you’ll be directed to on the loud speaker) and watch Fireworks from where you watched Fantasmic! (More details below.)
If you are seeing the 10:30pm show, watch Fireworks (if they’re scheduled and weather doesn’t deter them) from wherever you wish and then head over to the viewing section as soon as they end. The later show sometimes allows all three dining package option guests to sit in the same section, which is the center. So, you will want to grab a spot as soon as Fireworks end. Every night is different. There’s no guarantee that all three dining package option guests will sit together. If enough packages were sold, then the sections will remain separate. Otherwise, they combine them to allow guests with FASTPASSES to fill in more space. You can watch them from the viewing area that you will sit in to watch Fantasmic! It’s open to everyone. Then, when the ropes go up to start reserving space for the dining packages, you can be right there ready to claim your spot.
Everything moves quickly here. 9:00pm Fantasmic!, 9:30pm Fireworks, 10:30pm Fantasmic! Cast members are great at keeping people moving. Know ahead of time where to go and you’ll have great views for all shows.
If fireworks are scheduled for the evening you watch Fantasmic! (with or without a dining package), and you’re slated for the first Fantasmic!, stay right where you are for the show.
Click on this link to see if fireworks are scheduled for your visit.
You’ll be advised to stand (by the magical voice on the Disneyland loud speaker), but it’s a great place to watch fireworks, as you can see them shooting off in all the locations. Projections that accompany the show are visible on a water screen (like World of Color), in front of Tom Sawyer Island.
So, as you can see from this photo, fireworks are going off to the right and then the projections are in front of you. These are the same projections you will find on the castle and the it’s a small world facade.
(Fireworks are not part of the dining package and are never guaranteed.)
What You’ll Receive at the Blue Bayou Dining Event
Each paying guest (age 3 and older) will receive a parade cushion to sit on during the show. It’s all yours to take home after.
Yours is included in the cost of your package. Only Blue Bayou guests receive these.
They look like this:
- My meal was excellent, as was the service and ambiance. Blue Bayou rarely disappoints. It’s an expensive ticket, but I have yet to have a bad experience at this restaurant. It seems like a well oiled machine – perhaps because it’s been serving guests for many decades.
- Don’t shy away from Blue Bayou if you have young children. Families dine here all the time. There is no dress code. Everyone arrives in park clothes. While this is a “fancy” restaurant, it’s available to everyone and I encourage you to experience it at least once in your Disneyland visits.
- Disneyland is super accommodating with food allergies. If you have specific needs, share those when you book online in the section provided. If you call in to book, let the cast member helping you know your needs. Then, when you check in at your dining time, reiterate those details again.
- If you are concerned about your kids being loud or disruptive, River Belle Terrace or Hungry Bear On the Go might be better options for you. River Belle has dining space outside and Hungry Bear has outside seating with the option to take your food and go.
- The earlier Fantasmic! Blue Bayou section is easier to find a spot in compared to what I experienced with River Belle Terrace. However, I would still arrive an hour prior to showtime just to be safe. This is a pricey event. Make sure you get a good view.
- Only Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace dining package sections should be allowed to sit on the ground during the show. The other sections require guests to stand, which fits more people into the space.
- Within each dining package section, guests in wheelchairs or ECVs are stationed near the back of the section so that they’re not blocking other guests’ views since they’ll be sitting on the ground. Feel free to enjoy any of the dining packages and know you can sit with everyone in your party within in the dining package sections noted on the map above.
- I have sat front row, right by the iron railing for this show several times and never had an issue with getting wet. However, several readers have told me that they got SOAKED. If the wind is blowing in the direction of the crowd, be prepared to get a little or a lot wet. Set up in the middle of the section if this is a concern.
- You can find my review on River Belle Terrace’s Fantasmic! package at this link. It’s less expensive, more casual, but doesn’t include a parade cushion.
- You can find my review on Hungry Bear On-The-Go at this link. It’s the least expensive option and has food you can grab and take with you if you wish.