Updated May 5, 2020
***This event is being rescheduled for Fall 2020. Pumpkins in the Park will take place on September 18, 2020 at the Brisa Courtyard in the Grand Californian Hotel. A new post with details will be shared soon with a link to purchase tickets and book hotels.
It’s that time again!
Pearls in the Park is scheduled for 2020 and it’s going to be amazing!
Follow me for everything you need to know about this event.
In this article
What is Pearls in the Park?
Pearls in the Park is a party that I throw with Get Away Today for Disney enthusiasts and readers of my site, DisneylandDaily.com. It started in 2016 and has continued since with annual parties in the Spring and sometimes a Fall or Holiday option during the second half of the year.
Spring parties are big events, hosted on property at a Disneyland Resort location.
The purpose of these parties is to get people together for food, drinks, Disney and more. We have guests attend from all around the United States, Canada and Australia.
When and Where is the Party?
The Spring 2020 party will be held in the Brisa Courtyard at the Grand Californian Hotel.
The party will be held on May 1, 2020 from 5:00-8:00pm.
What Can I Expect at the Party?
You can expect food catered by Disney, a cash bar, professional photography, music, photo ops, a parting gift and many fabulous prizes to giveaway. The video, above, shares photos from our 2018 event. Take a look!
This event is run by Disney, so it’s top notch service. The ambiance at the Brisa Courtyard is lovely, as it’s the center stage at the Grand Californian Hotel with the monorail running above the party spot. It’s a beautiful location.
Worried about rain? Don’t fret. We have a back up location indoors if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
This year’s event with have a slight Marvel theme since we are looking forward to Avengers Campus opening at California Adventure in 2020.
A private Happy Hour at Catal in Downtown Disney on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 kicks off party week. This event is soooo much fun, so don’t miss it if possible.
How Can I Buy a Party Ticket and Book a Hotel Room?
Tickets are $140 per person (adult or child age 3 and up). As always, Disney decides the age range for such events and there isn’t an option for child specific tickets. But, each child will be eligible to win giveaways and will leave with a goody bag just like adults.
Purchase your party ticket at this link:
Notes on using the link – Please change the date to May 1, 2020. The link won’t work otherwise.
Call 877.564.6428 to buy your ticket(s). Any client relations specialist can help you. They are available between 9:00am – 5:00am MST.
Once your ticket is purchased, you will be sent an email about 24 hours later with the option to book a hotel room, if desired, at the heavily discounted rates of:
The Disneyland Hotel – $274/night (plus tax and fees)
The Grand Californian Hotel – $314/night (plus tax and fees)
These rates are available for the following dates:
April 29, 2020
April 30, 2020
May 1, 2020 (party night)
May 2, 2020
May 3, 2020
***Disney actually allows you to book hotel rooms from April 23, 2020 until May 9, 2020 at these rates in case you want to extend your stay. Limited quantities are available for these dates.
What is Needed to Secure My Trip?
All party tickets must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
If you wish to book a hotel room, your first night’s stay is required at the time of booking. Then, you may pay the balance at the time of check in.
These charges will be separated. Get Away Today will collect the money for the party ticket(s). Disney will collect the money for the hotel room(s).
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- The Spring 2020 Pearls in the Park party is open to adults and children. Most people wear cocktail attire (dresses, pants, ties, etc), but there is no dress code. Wear what makes you comfortable!
- While we won’t have a huge amount of entertainment specifically for children, we will have a table with kid-focused activities. My kids will be there, too. They are age 12, 14, and 19.
- If you’re interested in a kid-free evening, Disneyland Resort Hotels can recommend a babysitting service to you.
- The cost of parking is not included in the party ticket.
- The cost of the party ticket does not include entrance to Disneyland or California Adventure. Along with information on discounted hotel rates, party ticket holders will be emailed information on discounted park tickets from Disney.
- As we get closer to the party date, arrangements will be made for a meet-up in the parks so that we can take a group photo in front of the castle on a park day most PITP guests can attend. Also, plan on a character meal meet up, too. Maybe more!
- Once you purchase a party ticket, find the closed group called “Pearls in the Park” on Facebook and request to join. I’ll approve you asap.
- Please use the hashtag #PearlsInThePark2020 when posting photos on social media, so we can all share in the fun!