Updated October 13, 2019
Walt Disney World has soooooo many hotels to choose from.
Quite unlike the Disneyland Resort – which has only three Disney properties – WDW has many. They’re all unique and exciting to explore while on your trip.
Let’s take a look at what all you should know prior to booking your WDW hotel.
In this article
Who to Book Your Trip With
To save on your trip to WDW, I recommend Get Away Today. They’ve been partnered with Disney for 29 years and are the absolute best at what they do.
This link shares all about discounted tickets, packages, their layaway plan, and more.
Email Brooklyn at BColes@GetAwayToday.com to get started. She’s helped me book three trips to WDW in 2019 alone!
Disney World differs from Disneyland in that many guests stay at a WDW Resort Hotel because there are so many options for a variety of budgets.
Deluxe Villas – from $348/Night
Deluxe Resort Hotels – from $345/Night
Moderate Resort Hotels – from $203/Night
Value Resort Hotels – from $110/Night
Campgrounds – from $55/Night
Disneyland fans: For reference, the Grand Californian Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel are “Deluxe”. Many properties on Harbor Blvd and Katella would be comparable to a “Value” resort at WDW. But, the great thing about “Value” at WDW is that you pay a low rate for the room but still get the Disney service and perks we all love.
Perks of Staying Onsite at WDW
- FastPass+ reservations can be made 60 days out.
- MagicBands are included.
- Transportation is taken care of – and it’s awesome! Enjoy the Magical Express, which is my favorite ride at Walt Disney World. (It’s not technically an attraction.)
- With Magical Express, you have the option to allow Disney to transport your checked luggage to your hotel. It’s MAGIC. Visit this link for a peek at what this looked like on one of my trips.
- Expected awesome Disney service.
- You may use the Disney Dining Plan if you wish.
- Extra Magic Hour privileges are included. (Find the schedule at this link.)
- Resort Package delivery is included.
- Resort room charging privileges are included.
- Dining reservations can be made 180 days out like all park guests. However, those staying on-site can make reservations for up to 10 days on that first day.
Where I Have Stayed
I’ve been lucky enough to stay at some awesome properties at WDW.
- The Contemporary – Deluxe (photo tour)
- Grand Floridian – Deluxe
- Beach Club – Deluxe
- Saratoga Springs – Deluxe (my review)
- Animal Kingdom Lodge with Savannah View – Deluxe (my review)
- BoardWalk Inn – Deluxe (my review)
- Coronado Springs – Moderate (my review)
- Pop Century – Value (my review)
Upcoming On-Site stays include:
- Caribbean Beach – Moderate (October 2019)
- Old Key West – Moderate (January 2020)
- Port Orleans French Quarter – Moderate (November 2020)
- Rosen Shingle Creek
- Hyatt Regency Orlando (formerly The Peabody)
My favorite WDW Resorts so far are The Contemporary and The BoardWalk Inn.
- The Contemporary is Walt Disney World perfection for me. Love that it’s close to Magic Kingdom. And, the monorail goes through the hotel. THROUGH THE HOTEL. Everything about it is fun, yet, it’s still a high end WDW option. The building itself epitomizes Walt Disney World, in my opinion. This resort has magic for everyone. Visit this link for a peek at The Contemporary.
- The BoardWalk Inn has the best location, as it’s set in the middle of The BoardWalk, which is my favorite area outside of the parks. The whole area feels nostalgic and charming with shops, restaurants, a bakery, bars, an ice cream shop and more. Live entertainment pops up here and there. And, there are carnival games! My kids LOVED these. The design of this hotel – inside and out – speaks to me. I also love the close proximity to Epcot World Showcase. This is truly my favorite so far. Go here for lots of photos of this property and surrounding area.
- Also ‘on property’, but not exactly Disney Hotels? The Swan and Dolphin. Visit this link for more information on these options (and how they differ from Disney World Resort Hotels). Fun fact: The lobby bar at The Dolphin is my favorite late night hang out.
- Keep checking back with this post as I add more reviews with each of my WDW trips.