Updated September 20, 2018
Because I visit the parks once a week, I often share new, seasonal and popular merchandise on my Facebook page that you wouldn’t be able to see without being at the parks.
My hope for this post is to provide you with a peek at what’s ahead for your upcoming trip or, perhaps, to show you what you can purchase from home.
There are many ways to shop before, during and after your Disneyland trip.
And, I love to shop. Follow me for all the details.
In this article
- Where to Shop Before Your Visit
- Where to Shop For Souvenirs and Apparel During Your Visit
- Where to Shop for Sweets and Candy During Your Visit
- The Current Purchase-With-Purchase Option
- Monogramming at the Disneyland Resort
- Where and How to Store Your Purchases at the Disneyland Resort
- Where to Shop Near the Disneyland Resort
- Where and How to Shop for Items After Your Disneyland Visit
Where to Shop Before Your Visit
I’m a big believer in supporting small businesses when it comes to preparing for a Disney trip. With that in mind, I recommend you visit the following companies to shop for everything from park essentials to princess dresses. All of these companies are listed on my “I Recommend” page, which includes companies I have personal experience with and fully suggest you consider for your visit.
Find that page here:
Where to Shop For Souvenirs and Apparel During Your Visit
For a list of every store at the Disneyland Resort, visit this link.
For souvenirs, there are three essential shops within the Disneyland Resort. They are:
- World of Disney in Downtown Disney
- The Emporium on Main Street in Disneyland
- Elias and Company on Buena Vista Street in California Adventure
You’ll find the greatest overall selection in those three stores.
Additional tips for shopping during your visit:
- Stop by the Pioneer Mercantile in Frontierland in Disneyland for essential souvenirs if you cannot find them at the three options listed above. This store always surprises me with what it offers.
- Each of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels have well stocked gift shops. You can often find some of the most popular items of the season in these shops because most guests don’t know to look there.
- Ask a cast member for help if you don’t see an item you’re in search of. The cast members who stock the stores are extremely helpful.
Where to Shop for Sweets and Candy During Your Visit
Finally, my area of expertise. Find all your decadent dreams come true at the following shops:
- Candy Palace on Main Street in Disneyland
- Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street in California Adventure
- Pooh’s Corner in Critter Country in Disneyland
- Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney
You can find everything you need to know about the seasonal candy canes of Disneyland Resort in this post.
The Current Purchase-With-Purchase Option
Disneyland almost always has an option to add on to your purchase.
Tn his section of this post will always be updated with the most current option. Take a look.
Monogramming at the Disneyland Resort
The monogramming rules on Purchase-With-Purchase items at Disneyland are closely adhered to, so be sure you know the following:
*To monogram at the Disneyland Resort, you must have purchased the item at the resort. It costs $7.99 plus tax per item for monogramming. AP discounts do not apply.
*Tags must still be on the item.
*You will need to show your receipt.
*You must monogram the item within a week of purchasing.
*Monogramming Purchase-With-Purchase items can be done at Showcase on Main Street in Disneyland, Five and Dime on Buena Vista Street at DCA, World of Disney in Downtown Disney, and the Gift Shop at the Disneyland Hotel. Monogramming hats can be done at many other shops around the resort. But, these Purchase-With-Purchase items require special machines that can only be found at the four shops mentioned here.
*Purchase your item at the cash stand. Take it to the monogram counter to pay for the monogramming and to request specifics like placement of the monogram, color, and font.
*A cast member will recommend placement of the monogram. Pockets and extra material can prevent some areas from being monogrammed.
*There are some limits as to what you can monogram. First and last names (together) are not allowed. Meaning, I can have “Casey” embroidered, but not “Casey Starnes”. School names like “LSU” cannot be monogrammed. A cast member will advise.
*Items are available the same day and typically include about an hour wait. A cast member will give you a return time to retrieve your item.
Monogramming on these purchase-with-purchase items requires the premium version offered in the park. You may monogram up to 2 lines with 16 characters per line.
Font and color options include:
Where and How to Store Your Purchases at the Disneyland Resort
Don’t feel burdened with carrying around all of your purchases. And, don’t spend money on a locker to store them. Disneyland will do so for you!
Find all the details you need to know for the Package Check In option in this post. This option is open to all Disneyland guests – not just those staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel.
For guests staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, visit this link for all the details on how Package Express works. Per the Disneyland website:
Send purchases directly to your Disneyland Resort Hotel for a hands-free shopping spree! See a must-have souvenir but don’t want to carry it around all day? Shop ‘til you drop without being weighed down by cumbersome bags—just ask a Cast Member about our merchandise delivery service when paying for items.
Where to Shop Near the Disneyland Resort
Looking to escape the Disney mecca for some shopping? Here are some tips:
- Take a look at this part of my Keeping the Haters Happy at Disneyland post. I list many nearby shopping destinations.
- Visiting Legoland? There is a Disney Outlet (Disney STORE Outlet – not a Disney Parks Outlet) nearby in the Premium Outlets of Carlsbad. When exiting Legoland, take a left on Cannon and then a left on Paseo del Norte. Drive past the car dealerships and then the outlets are on your left. Park near Barney’s, which is centrally located, and then walk through the path next to it. You’ll find the Disney Outlet nearby.
- Target and other popular stores are located quite close to the Disneyland Resort. Find a list of those and links to each shop in this post.
Where and How to Shop for Items After Your Disneyland Visit
There are a few ways you can locate merchandise from home.
Using the Shop Disney Parks App or Online
If you want to shop from home for items you saw in the parks, start here:
– Visit DisneyParks.com/store
Through Disney’s Merchandise Department
If you see an item you want to purchase after leaving the resort and can not locate it on the app or online, try these options direct through Disney Merchandise Guest Services:
With a Personal Shopper
Contact Summer, a personal shopper I recommend, in one of two ways: