Updated November 16, 2020
On August 19, 2020, a new off-site luxury resort opened in Anaheim, California.
A few days after opening, I visited to check out the property.
It is gorgeous!
Let’s take a look around.
In this article
JW Marriott is one of the finest properties in the Marriott family. On par with the St. Regis, W Hotel, and Ritz Carlton, it excels in combining luxury with style.
- The hotel includes 466 guest rooms and 19 suites.
- Approximately 10% of the rooms are ADA-friendly, including a presidential suite and a one bedroom suite.
- Rooms include barn door entrances to closets and bathrooms. Bathrooms have walk-in showers with stand alone bathtubs and vanities.
- The entire property has a distinct focus on luxury.
Book this Hotel at a Discount
Definitely check with the only agency I recommend, Get Away Today, for a significant discount at this lovely resort.
Or, click this link.
How to Get to Disneyland
The ART Shuttle has two stops near the JW Marriott to take you to and from the Disneyland Resort for a small fee.
Locate these stops at:
- The GardenWalk Transportation Center (downstairs bus area)
- Katella & Clementine (in front of the Cheesecake Factory)
Find information on ART at this link.
Located near the Anaheim GardenWalk, this resort is a long walk to Disneyland, but totally doable.
If you choose to skip the ART Shuttle, I would plan to walk in the morning and then Uber/Lyft at the end of the day.
Gardens and Patio
Parkestry Rooftop Bar
I had high hopes for this location and it did not disappoint!
I’ve dined at Citriculture both inside and out and it’s a great lobby bar. Go there for casual drinks and small bites.
For a fancier experience, head upstairs to Parkestry Rooftop Bar, which is the highest bar and lounge in Anaheim. The service is great, the food is fantastic, and the views are so lovely. There’s something magical about sipping on a cocktail while staring out at the iconic Disneyland and Disney California Adventure skyline.
When Disneyland reopens, we will be able to enjoy fireworks! I can’t wait.
Chef Amol Agarwal, master of global cuisine after working for 20+ years all over the world including the Maldives, Jamaica, Beijing, and more, created the unique Parkestry menu and it’s been very well received.
Parkestry is popular, guys. Be sure to make a reservation prior to arriving.
You can do so here.
We really enjoyed this charcuterie board:
Check out more of Parkestry in the next few photos:
From the patio, you can easily access the Anaheim GardenWalk.
More on this dining and shopping district here.
- I’ll be back to see more of this property as time permits.
- From the resort, you can walk through the GardenWalk and then continue on to the entrance of Disneyland on Harbor Drive. It would be a long walk for some people, however. I would grab an Uber or Lyft instead.