Updated April 24, 2019
The Disneyland Resort offers so many options for entertainment during your visit.
Keep reading for information on what all you can see and do.
I share tips on how to include everything while not missing an attraction.
In this article
Find information on parades in this post.
Find information on fireworks in this post.
There’s a big variety in what you can see at the Disneyland Resort.
Here are a few I recommend:
- Frozen – Live at the Hyperion – find out everything you need to know about this show in this dedicated post
- Disney Junior Dance Party! – see showtimes for your visit here
- Storytelling at the Royal Theatre – see showtimes for your visit here
- Fantasmic! – find out everything you need to know about this show in this dedicated post
- Mickey’s Magical Map – see showtimes for your first here
This link from the Disneyland website shares information on the above shows and several other entertainment options.
Events come and go at the Disneyland Resort. Here is what we have currently happening or coming soon:
This celebration will end June 6, 2019.
- Mickey’s Mix Magic – (Ends 6.6.2019) This is a laser/light show that runs nightly with accompanying fireworks on select nights only. Visit this link for more info on this show. Visit this link for where to watch the show. (Note: the castle is not a viewing option for the Mickey’s Mix Magic show and the Rivers of America viewing location is only available if Fantasmic! is running.)
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade – The return of this parade rounds out the Get Your Ears On Celebration. Visit my parade post for all you need to know about when to arrive and where to sit.
- Special Food and Drinks – There are so many treats and dishes to try. Find out about those here.
- Shopping – Get ready to buy lots of cute apparel and commemorative items. This post shares many of your options.
How and When to Include These Options in Your Visit
I recommend following my tips on when to arrive along with my strategies on how to start your day, which can be found in this post.
My plans for each park allow you to focus on attractions at park opening when lines are lowest.
If you follow the information in the previously linked post, you will be finished with all attractions at California Adventure or with most key attractions at Disneyland by early afternoon.
When you’re finished with attractions, focus on entertainment, including all of the options above.
If you don’t want to take a break at your hotel in the afternoon as I suggest, see shows or a parade instead. If you do take a break, be ready to focus on these entertainment options when you return.
- Absolutely check the links for all entertainment options prior to visiting, as times may change.
- Entertainment options do go into refurbishment occasionally, so check this link for what your timing entails.