Visit my Facebook page for daily updates on Disneyland and to keep up with my weekly park visits. I share lots of photos and tips that will make your experience in the parks go smoothly.
Dates at a Glance
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – opens 5.27.2017
- Summer of Heroes – begins 5.27.2017 and ends 9.10.2017
- Disney Junior Dance Party – reopens 5.26.2017
- Hyperspace Mountain – closes 5.29.2017; reopens as Classic Space Mountain on 6.1.2017
- Beauty and the Beast celebration – no end date yet
- Halloween Party tickets go on sale – no date yet; typically July of each year
- Rivers of America with the Mark Twain and Sailing Ship Columbia – no reopening date yet
- Tom Sawyer Island – no reopening date yet
- Fantasmic! – no reopening date yet
- Disneyland Rairoad – no reopening date yet
- Main Street Electrical Parade – extended until 8.20.2017 when it will end permanently
- MaxPass – no date yet; This post will be updated as information is released.
- Halloween Time – estimated start date of 9.8.2017; This post will be updated as information is released.
- Holidays at Disneyland – estimated start date of 11.10.2017; This post will be updated as information is released.
- Summer of Heroes launches 5.27.2017! So much to see and do. More here.
- Lots of photos of the Summer of Heroes landing at DCA can be found here.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at the Disneyland Resort with these options.
- On 4.30.2017, I tested out a new strategy for starting your day at Disneyland. Find that here. It worked really well!
- On 4.24.2017, Disneyland started testing wifi in the parks. No password needed. Connectivity is spotty.
- Hyperspace Mountain will end 5.29.2017 and the classic version of Space Mountain will return 6.1.2017.
- Toy Story Midway Mania now has a FASTPASS! Lots of details here. I tried out a super effective strategy for starting your day at DCA. Take a look at that here. The full blog post can be found here.
- As of 4.6.2017, FASTPASSES between the two parks are now connected. If you pull one from one park, you won’t be able to pull one from the other park. 🙁
- Halloween and Christmas party dates for WDW were released 2.6.2017. Nothing yet for Disneyland. I’ll keep you updated. More here.
- MSEP had been extended through 8.20.2017!
- Kristoff is now seeing guests at DCA. Find him and Olaf in the first room you enter. Then, Anna and Elsa in the second. More here. (Also note: A reliable source let me know this character meet up will change to Rocket and Groot in May as we get closer to the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. I’ll let you know as I learn more.)
- The Disney Junior Dance Party is coming to the Disney Junior Theater beginning 5.26.2017. The old show closed 4.9.2017.
- Dole Whip Cotton Candy has arrived at DCA! $4.75. So yummy.
- Grad Nights begin 5.5.2017. Know all about how these work and how you can work around them to make your visit successful.
- Pearls in the Park, a party I host each spring for Disneyland Daily readers, will be held 5.5.2017. Join us! Find out all you need to know about the party and greatly discounted rooms at the Disneyland Hotel in this post.
- MaxPass is coming soon to work along side the current FASTPASS system. Review this post for what to expect and look for updates there as things change.
- PhotoPass is always changing. Review this post for everything you need to know.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade is running daily until 6.18.2017. New parade viewing rules were put in place recently. Review this post for all you need to know.
- Blue Bayou and Aladdin’s Oasis are currently offering dining packages for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Review those options to see if they’re a fit for your crew.
- Pinocchio’s Workshop, the child care room at the Grand Californian Hotel, closed permanently 3.11.2017. For child care options, speak to Guest Services at your DLR Hotel. Cast members will refer you to an outside agency.
- After closing 1.2.2017, Tower of Terror will reopen as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! on May 27, 2017.
Beauty and the Beast Celebration in Disneyland
- This is a limited time celebration hosted in Fantasyland with no current end date. When one is announced, I’ll share it.
- Belle and the Beast in the park!
- Beauty and the Beast inspired merchandise from companies I love.
- The Red Rose cups are super popular and super hard to find. Check at the Red Rose Taverne (temporary overlay at the Village Haus in Fantasyland) and also Maurice’s (across from the Fantasy Faire Theatre). When they arrive back in stock, they’re typically gone within a few hours.
- Gaston being Gaston.
- Photos from the Red Rose Taverne, a few dishes from it, and the shop next door.
- More from the Red Rose Taverne.
Security Checkpoint Changes
- New Security Checkpoints – Changes for guests staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel and Grand Californian Hotel
- New Security Checkpoints – What to expect from the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure
- New Security Checkpoints – Find out how to walk back to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure if you don’t want to ride the tram (the old sidewalk is closed)
Currently at Disneyland
***As of mid-May, these items have been pulled. I’ll update this page as soon as they’re restocked or new options arrive.
The current purchase-with-purchase includes a throw and tote bag. These items can be added onto your purchase at dozens of souvenir shops throughout Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney and in the three Disneyland Resort Hotels.
Here is the promotion:
The Mickey Backpack can be purchased for $19.95 with any merchandise total of $25.00 or more. It looks like this:
I recommend monogramming each! For $7.99 more, you can personalize each of these items.
- To monogram at the Disneyland Resort, you must have purchased the item at the resort.
- Tags must still be on the item.
- You will need to show your receipt.
- You must monogram the item within a week or purchasing.
- Monogramming can be done at Showcase on Main Street in Disneyland, Five and Dime on Buena Vista Street at DCA and World of Disney in Downtown Disney.
- Purchase your item at the cash stand. Take it to the monogram counter to pay for the monogramming and to request specifics like placement of the monogram, color, and font.
- A cast member will recommend placement of the monogram. Pockets and extra material can prevent some areas from being monogrammed.
- There are some limits as to what you can monogram. First and last names (together) are not allowed. Meaning, I can have “Casey” embroidered, but not “Casey Starnes”. School names like “LSU” cannot be monogrammed. A cast member will advise.
- Items are available the same day and typically include about an hour wait. A cast member will give you a return time.
Monogramming on these purchase-with-purchase items requires the premium version offered in the park. You may monogram up to 2 lines with 16 characters per line.
Font and color options include:
Here is the throw with monogram:
Backpack with monogram photo coming soon:
May’s Gourmet Treat is Peanut Butter Cup with Fudge. Available in candy apples only. No marshmallow wands or Kristy treats for this recipe. Find these at Candy Palace on Main in Disneyland, Pooh’s Corner in Critter Country in Disneyland, Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street in DCA and Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney.
Disneyland Resort Hotels Monthly Activity Calendar – May
Most of the activities listed in the following three images are open to Disneyland Resort Hotel guests only. (Although, I’ve done the tours at each hotel while not staying as a guest.) For more information, visit Guest Services in the lobby of your hotel.