Visit my Facebook page for daily updates on Disneyland and to keep up with my weekly park visits. I share lots of photos and tips that will make your experience in the parks go smoothly.
Dates at a Glance
- Beauty and the Beast celebration – no end date yet
- Halloween Party tickets go on sale – no date yet; typically July of each year
- Rivers of America with the Davy Crockett Canoes, Mark Twain and Sailing Ship Columbia – reopen 7.29.2017
- Tom Sawyer Island – reopened 6.16.2017
- Fantasmic! – reopens 7.17.2017 (Dining packages have been announced! Everything you need to know is here.)
- Disneyland Railroad – reopens 7.29.2017
- Main Street Electrical Parade – extended until 8.20.2017 when it will end permanently
- MaxPass – no date yet; This post will be updated as information is released and has been updated with Digital FASTPASS info.
- Halloween Time – estimated start date of 9.8.2017; This post will be updated as information is released.
- Holidays at Disneyland – estimated start date of 11.10.2017; This post will be updated as information is released.
- Digital FASTPASS landed in the parks on 6.21.2017. Check out this post for everything you need to know about it.
- Summer of Heroes launched 5.27.2017! So much to see and do. More here.
- A few weeks ago, I tested out a new strategy for starting your day at Disneyland. Find that here. It worked really well!
- On 4.24.2017, Disneyland started testing wifi in the parks. No password needed. Connectivity is spotty.
- Toy Story Midway Mania now has a FASTPASS! Lots of details here. I tried out a super effective strategy for starting your day at DCA. Take a look at that here. The full blog post can be found here.
- As of 4.6.2017, FASTPASSES between the two parks are now connected. If you pull one from one park, you won’t be able to pull one from the other park. 🙁
- Halloween and Christmas party dates for WDW were released 2.6.2017. Nothing yet for Disneyland. I’ll keep you updated. More here.
- MSEP had been extended through 8.20. 2017.
- The Disney Junior Dance Party reopened at the Disney Junior Theater beginning 5.26.2017. The old show closed 4.9.2017.
- Watermelon Cotton Candy has arrived at DCA! $4.75. So yummy.
- MaxPass is coming soon to work along side the current FASTPASS system. Review this post for what to expect and look for updates there as things change.
- PhotoPass is always changing. Review this post for everything you need to know.
- Blue Bayou and Aladdin’s Oasis are currently offering dining packages for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Review those options to see if they’re a fit for your crew.
- Pinocchio’s Workshop, the child care room at the Grand Californian Hotel, closed permanently 3.11.2017. For child care options, speak to Guest Services at your DLR Hotel. Cast members will refer you to an outside agency.
Beauty and the Beast Celebration in Disneyland
- This is a limited time celebration hosted in Fantasyland with no current end date. When one is announced, I’ll share it.
- Belle and the Beast in the park!
- Beauty and the Beast inspired merchandise from companies I love.
- The Red Rose cups are super popular and super hard to find. Check at the Red Rose Taverne (temporary overlay at the Village Haus in Fantasyland) and also Maurice’s (across from the Fantasy Faire Theatre). When they arrive back in stock, they’re typically gone within a few hours.
- Gaston being Gaston.
- Photos from the Red Rose Taverne, a few dishes from it, and the shop next door.
- More from the Red Rose Taverne.
Security Checkpoint Changes
- New Security Checkpoints – Changes for guests staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel and Grand Californian Hotel
- New Security Checkpoints – What to expect from the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure
- New Security Checkpoints – Find out how to walk back to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure if you don’t want to ride the tram (the old sidewalk is closed)
Currently at Disneyland
***As of June 13, 2017, this option is back in the parks, but at a higher price point.
The current purchase-with-purchase includes a throw and tote bag. These items can be added onto your purchase at dozens of souvenir shops throughout Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney and in the three Disneyland Resort Hotels.
Here is the promotion:
The Mickey Backpack looks like this:
I recommend monogramming each! For $7.99 more, you can personalize each of these items.
- To monogram at the Disneyland Resort, you must have purchased the item at the resort.
- Tags must still be on the item.
- You will need to show your receipt.
- You must monogram the item within a week or purchasing.
- Monogramming can be done at Showcase on Main Street in Disneyland, Five and Dime on Buena Vista Street at DCA, World of Disney in Downtown Disney, and the Gift Shop at the Disneyland Hotel.
- Purchase your item at the cash stand. Take it to the monogram counter to pay for the monogramming and to request specifics like placement of the monogram, color, and font.
- A cast member will recommend placement of the monogram. Pockets and extra material can prevent some areas from being monogrammed.
- There are some limits as to what you can monogram. First and last names (together) are not allowed. Meaning, I can have “Casey” embroidered, but not “Casey Starnes”. School names like “LSU” cannot be monogrammed. A cast member will advise.
- Items are available the same day and typically include about an hour wait. A cast member will give you a return time.
Monogramming on these purchase-with-purchase items requires the premium version offered in the park. You may monogram up to 2 lines with 16 characters per line.
Font and color options include:
Here is the throw with monogram:
Here is the backpack with monogram:
June’s Gourmet Treat is Caramel and Milk Chocolate drizzled over Pecans. Available in candy apples and Marshmallow Wands. No Crispy treats for this recipe.
Find these at Candy Palace on Main in Disneyland, Pooh’s Corner in Critter Country in Disneyland, Trolley Treats on Buena Vista Street in DCA and Marceline’s Confectionery in Downtown Disney.