Updated February 7, 2021
I traveled to Walt Disney World when it reopened on July 11, 2020.
It was a trip like no other!
And, I returned early October for another visit. Then again in December!
My intention with sharing my experiences in this post and several others is to show you what Disney Parks and Resorts look like right now.
I’m not here to talk you into visiting.
I’m not here to tell you to stay home.
My job as a blogger is to share relevant information so that you can decide if the time is right to visit Walt Disney World.
Let’s take a look at what you need to know.
In this article
I flew from San Diego to Orlando with a total of four flights in my itinerary.
This post details air travel during COVID-19.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
I visited all four parks during my trip.
This post shares everything you need to know about the theme park experience.
This post shows you exactly how to move through each park’s attractions – in the most efficient way possible – while FastPasses are not in use.
Walt Disney World Resorts
I spent 6 nights at Disney’s Pop Century Resort.
Go here for details on what has changed – and remained the same – at Disney Resorts.
While in Orlando, I tested several masks to see what works best for long days in the heat.
Click on this link to see what I tested and which I recommend, with details on where to purchase.
Would I Visit Again During COVID-19?
In fact, as soon as I got home in July, I booked my trips for October and December of 2020.
For the best discounts, concierge service, complimentary price monitoring, and so much more, contact the only travel agency I recommend, Get Away Today. They’ve been planning trips for over 30 years now. And, they’re the first agency Disneyland partnered with! Get Away Today books 3-4 trips to WDW each year for me as well as many long weekends at Disneyland.
This link gets you started with a no-obligation quote.
Price Monitoring is a huge advantage you’ll receive with Get Away Today. This email came in recently for my December trip:
If you are ready to travel, Walt Disney World might be a good option for you. There’s a lot to know, however, so definitely book your trip with a trusted agent who has been to WDW during COVID-19. (My contact at Get Away Today, linked above, has been three since July 2020 when the parks reopened.)
- Decor and festivities will be in place from September 15 – October 31, 2020.
- Disney shares the scoop on the season here.
- There will be no Halloween party during 2020.
- Minnie’s Halloween Dine begins September 25, 2020 at Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios.
- This link details the Foodie Guide for Halloween at Walt Disney World this year.
- This link has information on additional dining options returning Fall 2020 to Magic Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios.
- Decor and festivities will be in place from November 6 – December 30, 2020.
- Disney shares the scoop on this here.
- There will be no holiday party during 2020.
- Holiday Foodie Highlights for Disney Springs are detailed at this link.
- 2020 features a Christmas Tree Stroll through Disney Springs (rather than previous years’ Christmas Tree Trail). Read through this post from Disney for details.
I’m back in the parks early December to share more with you!
Leave me a comment.
If I don’t have the information you’re looking for, I’ll find out who does.