Note: This event has been cancelled for 2020. Check back with me soon for info on 2021!
It’s party time!
And, we know how to throw a good party.
Each year, I partner with Get Away Today to bring people together for this annual event that has turned into so much more than I ever expected.
We see new faces each year and plenty of familiar ones, too, as many guests now schedule their Disneyland trips around the timing of our party.
Let’s take a look at what you need to know about 2020’s event.
In this article
What is Pumpkins in the Park?
Pearls in the Park is a party that I throw with Get Away Today for Disney enthusiasts and readers of my site, DisneylandDaily.com. It started in 2016 and has continued since with an event each year, making 2020 our 5th!
The Spring event in 2020 was cancelled due to Covid-19 and redesigned into Pumpkins in the Park, which will be held September 18, 2020.
The purpose of these parties is to get people together for food, drinks, Disney and more. We have guests attend from all around the United States, Canada and Australia. It’s SO MUCH FUN.
When and Where is the Party?
Pumpkins in the Park will be held in the Brisa Courtyard in the Grand Californian Hotel.
The party will run from 5:00-8:00pm on Friday, September 18, 2020.
What Can I Expect at the Party?
You can expect food catered by Disney, a cash bar, professional photography, music, photo ops, a parting gift and many fabulous prizes to giveaway. The video, above, shares photos from our 2018 event. Take a look!
This event is co-hosted by Disney, so it’s top notch service. The ambiance at the Brisa Courtyard is lovely, as it’s the center stage at the Grand Californian Hotel with the monorail running above the party spot. It’s a beautiful location.
Worried about rain? Don’t fret. We have a back up location indoors if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Costumes are encouraged, but not required for this event. Please follow Disney’s costume guidelines detailed here, as the same rules will apply.
A private Happy Hour at Catal in Downtown Disney on Wednesday, September 16, 2020, kicks off party week. This event is soooo much fun, so don’t miss it if possible.
In addition to admission to the two private events included with your party ticket, we have optional meet ups each day.
How Can I Buy a Party Ticket and Book a Hotel Room?
Tickets are $140 per person (adult or child age 3 and up). As always, Disney decides the age range for such events and there isn’t an option for child specific tickets. But, each child will be eligible to win giveaways and will leave with a parting gift just like adults. We will also have crafts and mini pumpkin decorating for kids.
Party tickets may be purchased by emailing KimF@GetAwayToday.com.
Once your ticket is purchased, you will be sent an email about 24 hours later with the option to book a hotel room, if desired, at the heavily discounted rates of:
The Grand Californian Hotel – $324/night (plus tax and fees)
Paradise Pier Hotel – $254/night (plus tax and fees)
These rates are available for the following dates:
September 16, 2020
September 17, 2020
September 18, 2020 (party night)
September 19, 2020
September 20, 2020
***Disney actually allows you to book hotel rooms from September 13, 2020 until September 24, 2020 at these rates in case you want to extend your stay. Limited quantities are available for these dates.
What is Needed to Secure My Trip?
All party tickets must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
If you wish to book a hotel room, your first night’s stay is required at the time of booking. Then, you may pay the balance at the time of check in.
These charges will be separated. Get Away Today will collect the money for the party ticket(s). Disney will collect the money for the hotel room(s).
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- Pumpkins in the Park is open to adults and children. If not in a costume, many guests wear cocktail attire (dresses, pants, ties, etc), but there is no dress code. Wear what makes you comfortable!
- Most guests book 5 nights for their hotel stay if possible. We have events/meet ups planned for Wednesday (September 16, 2020) through Saturday (September 19, 2020). Please attend all you can!
- While we won’t have a huge amount of entertainment specifically for children, we will have a table with kid-focused activities such as mini pumpkin decorating mentioned above. My kids attend every event. They are age 12, 14, and 19.
- If you’re interested in a kid-free evening, Disney can recommend a babysitting service to you if you are staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel.
- The cost of parking is not included in the party ticket.
- The cost of the party ticket does not include admission to Disneyland or California Adventure. Along with information on discounted hotel rates, party ticket holders will be emailed information on discounted park tickets from Disney. Or, you may purchase from Get Away Today at significant discounts here.
- Please use the hashtag #PumpkinsInThePark2020 when posting photos on social media, so we can all share in the fun!
The Private Facebook Group
Once you purchase a party ticket, find the closed group called “Pearls in the Park” on Facebook and request to join.
I’ll approve you asap!
This group is an important part of attending a Pearls in the Park event, as it’s a place we all share information prior to the party. It’s also a great way to get to know people you will see at the event.