It’s that time again!
Pearls in the Park is scheduled for 2019 and it’s going to be our biggest party yet.
Follow me for everything you need to know about this event.
In this article
What is Pearls in the Park?
Pearls in the Park is a party that I throw with Get Away Today for Disney enthusiasts and readers of my site, DisneylandDaily.com. It started in 2016 and has continued since with annual parties in the Spring and sometimes a Fall or Holiday option during the second half of the year.
Spring parties are big events, hosted on property at a Disneyland Resort location.
The purpose of these parties is to get people together for food, drinks, Disney and more. We have guests attend from all around the United States, Canada and Australia.
When and Where is the Party?
The Spring 2019 party will be held in the Brisa Courtyard at the Grand Californian Hotel.
The party will be held on May 3, 2019 from 7:00pm-9:00pm.
What Can I Expect at the Party?
You can expect food catered by Disney, a cash bar, professional photography, music, photo ops, goody bags and many fabulous prizes to giveaway. The video, above, shares photos from our most recent event on property. Take a look!
This event is run by Disney, so it’s top notch service. The ambiance at the Brisa Courtyard is lovely, as it’s the center stage at the Grand Californian Hotel with the monorail running above the party spot. It’s a beautiful location.
Worried about rain? Don’t fret. We have a back up location indoors if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
This year’s event with have a slight Star Wars theme since we are celebrating so much about the franchise during the year that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland.
How Can I Buy a Party Ticket and Book a Hotel Room?
Tickets are $105 per person (adult or child age 3 and up). As always, Disney decides the age range for such events and there isn’t an option for child specific tickets. But, each child will be eligible to win giveaways and will leave with a goody bag just like adults.
Call 877.564.6428 to buy your ticket(s). Any client relations specialist can help you. It’s ideal if you call in to purchase, as it allows Get Away Today to gather info needed for the event (like names of guests, how many parties you have attended, etc). They can help you any time between 8:00am – 7:00pm MST.
Purchase tickets at this link:
Notes on using the link – Please change the date to May 3, 2019. The link won’t work otherwise.
Once your ticket is purchased, you will be sent an email with the option to book a hotel room, if desired, at the heavily discounted rates of:
The Disneyland Hotel – $264/night (plus tax and fees)
The Grand Californian Hotel – $304/night (plus tax and fees)
These rates are available for the following dates:
May 1, 2019
May 2, 2019
May 3, 2019 (party night)
May 4, 2019
May 5, 2019
Notes on booking hotels – If you purchase your ticket(s) by calling in, you’ll immediately be sent an email to book your hotel room. If you purchase your ticket(s) via the link, you’ll receive the email to book your hotel room by the following day. The system automatically sends them by midnight on the day you purchase.
What is Needed to Secure My Trip?
All party tickets must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
If you wish to book a hotel room, your first night’s stay is required at the time of booking. Then, you may pay the balance at the time of check in.
These charges will be separated. Get Away Today will collect the money for the party ticket(s). Disney will collect the money for the hotel room(s).
What Could I Win at the Party?
More giveaway items from party sponsors will be added to this section as they’re confirmed. Stay tuned!
2 Qty $25 Gift Certificates to RAREFORM
This company makes my now go-to park bag. I’m obsessed with it and the company as a whole. They take billboard vinyl and reuse it in their bag structure, making each creation one of a kind and eco friendly. The billboard material is both cute and fun, plus it’s easy to wipe clean.
Shop at this link. Use code DAILYCASEY20 for 20% off your purchase at checkout.
$100 Gift Certificate to Bitts&Pieces
Dorothy creates comfortable and cute dresses from t-shirts. They’re super affordable and can be worn all day and night due to how soft they are. We add leggings for night time and a sweater, if needed, but otherwise, the dresses go from open to close. They wash well, too. I love the simple, classic designs for both girls and women. Have a special request? Contact her to discuss your options. She’s so fun to work with.
Shop at this link.
3 Qty $20 Gift Certificates to KidsNToddler.com
This site sells licensed apparel (Disney, Marvel and more) at a fraction of the cost of what you’ll find in Disney parks. From their site, I bought the cutest park bag for less than $16, kid shirts for around $7 each, and a trendy hoodie for $14. They’re all great quality. You’ll find everything you would shop for at Target and Walmart for less money, delivered to your door for free. Check them out for clothing and much more prior to your visit. They also have free domestic shipping and free returns!
Shop at this link. Use promo code DAILY at checkout to save an extra 10% off all orders of $15 or more.
$100 Gift Certificate to Damsel Designed
Visit Nikki’s site to see all the darling things she does. The polka dot skirts are the absolute cutest! I love mine for park visits and I wear it often outside of the park, too. The big bow sash is what immediately caught my attention when I saw her work. The sashes are interchangeable, so you can swap them to change your look. Great for every day, Disney Bounding and Dapper Day. Want to know the best feature? YOU CAN ADD POCKETS TO ANY SKIRT. Skirts with pockets make the world a better place.
Shop at this link.
$25 Gift Certificate to Magic by Mindy
Mindy designs these amazing shirts that are soft, comfortable and perfect for any park day. I’m personally a fan of the “Beverly” design but there are so many cute ones to choose from. Sizes range from onesies – 3XL.
Shop at this link. Use promo code Disneyland Daily to save 20% off your entire order.
2 Qty $25 Gift Certificates and One Pair of Lissom Flytes
Lissom makes the cutest ballet flats called Flytes. I have several pair and wear them to the parks often. Podiatrist designed and recommended, they’re perfect for Disneyland trips because of the support they offer. They also mold to the perfect fit around your feet. Lightweight and machine washable, these flats are my go-to for Disney days. O, The Oprah Magazine featured Flytes and People Magazine says that wearing them “feels like you’re walking on a cloud.”
Shop at this link. When you purchase your Flytes, add a pair of bamboo liner socks (2 pack – a $15 value) to your order and then use code CASEYSOCKS at checkout to get them for free! Socks aren’t absolutely needed with the flats, but some people like them.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- The Spring 2019 Pearls in the Park party is open to adults and children. Most people wear cocktail attire (dresses, pants, ties, etc), but there is no dress code. Wear what makes you comfortable!
- While we won’t have a huge amount of entertainment specifically for children, we will have a table with kid-focused activities. My kids will be there, too. They are age 11, 12, and 17.
- If you’re interested in a kid-free evening, Disneyland Resort Hotels can recommend a babysitting service to you.
- The cost of parking is not included in the party ticket.
- The cost of the party ticket does not include entrance to Disneyland or California Adventure. Along with information on discounted hotel rates, party ticket holders will be emailed information on discounted park tickets from Disney.
- As we get closer to the party date, arrangements will be made for a meet-up in the parks so that we can take a group photo in front of the castle on a park day most PITP guests can attend. Also, plan on a character meal meet up, too. Maybe more!
- Once you purchase a party ticket, you will be invited to a secret Facebook group for past and present PITP ticket holders. This is a great way to get to know everyone attending the next event so that you’re not walking into a crowd of strangers. We also discuss park meet ups on that page. Your invitation to join that page will be sent via email from Facebook. Occasionally, I learn from a guest that he or she didn’t receive one. Be sure to check your spam folder and/or Facebook settings to ensure your account will allow for such invitations. If you have any issues with this, email me at Casey@DisneylandDaily.com.
- Please use the hashtag #PearlsInThePark2019 when posting photos on social media, so we can all share in the fun!