Updated February 28, 2018
***Party tickets are nearly sold out as of 2.28.2018. 10 tickets remain and hotel rooms at The Disneyland Hotel are still available. There may be a few rooms at the Grand Californian. Please call the number below to inquire.
It’s that time again!
Pearls in the Park is back in 2018 and it’s going to be a ton of fun.
Let’s take a look at all the details.
In this article
What is Pearls in the Park?
Pearls in the Park is a party that I throw with Get Away Today for Disney enthusiasts and readers of my site, DisneylandDaily.com. It started in 2016 and has continued since with annual parties in the Spring and a recent Holiday version in 2017.
Spring parties are big events, hosted on property at a Disneyland Resort location. This recent Holiday party was a smaller get together, hosted off-site at a good neighbor hotel.
The purpose of these parties is to get people together for food, drinks, Disney and more. We have guests attend from all around the United States, Canada and Australia.
Check out photos from the Spring 2017 party at this link to get an idea of what you can expect.
The Spring 2018 party will be held in the Disneyland Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel. (Pictured above and below this section.) It’s a gorgeous venue that is always in full bloom come party time. Weddings are often held here – it’s that amazing.
The party will be held on Friday, April 27, 2018 from 5:00pm-8:00pm. We moved the time up this year to start and end sooner so that we can all meet after to hopefully see the new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”.
Pixar Fest starts April 13, 2018, so we figured the 27th was the perfect time to have the party. The timing of the party also falls after most Spring Breaks and before Grad Nights. Additionally, it’s the best fit for Annual Passholders.
While you don’t need a park ticket to attend the party, many guests meet throughout the party weekend in and out of the parks, so we made sure the dates were as accommodating as possible.
You can expect decadent desserts including coffee and tea catered by Disney, a cash bar, professional photography, music, photo ops, goody bags and many fabulous prizes to giveaway.
Included in your ticket purchase:
- Dulce de Leche Tarts
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Conchitas Bread
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Coffee (Regular and Decaf)
- Specialty Teas
This event is run by Disney, so it’s top notch service. The ambiance at the Rose Court Garden is lovely. It always feels so special to be there for this exclusive party.
(Worried about rain? Don’t fret. We have a back up location indoors if the weather doesn’t cooperate.)
Call 877.564.6428 to get started. Let the client relations representative you speak to know that you want to purchase a ticket(s) for the Spring 2018 Pearls in the Park Party.
Party tickets are $85 per person.
Every guest attending the party age 3 and up must have a ticket purchased. Each guest with a ticket will be eligible for giveaway prizes and will also leave with a goody bag. (Children age 2 and under are free.)
Once your ticket is purchased, Get Away Today will send you an email with the option to book a hotel room, if desired, at the heavily discounted rates of:
The Disneyland Hotel – $264/night (plus tax and fees)
The Grand Californian Hotel –
$294 $318/night (plus tax and fees)
So excited about The Grand Californian! In previous years, we have only had The Disneyland Hotel available. You are welcome to book one or the other and then join us at the party at The Disneyland Hotel.
Any 2018 Pearls in the Park party ticket holder can book a room at these rates on the night of the party, the two prior and the two after. So, they’re available for:
- April 25, 2018
- April 26, 2018
- April 27, 2018 – party night
- April 28, 2018
- April 29, 2018
What Is Needed To Secure My Trip?
For the party only, you’ll pay $85 today and be ready to go the night of the event. Done!
For the party + hotel room night(s), you’ll pay $85 for each party ticket needed and then one night’s deposit for the hotel. So, that’s approximately $300 for The Disneyland Hotel and $350 for The Grand Californian Hotel. Only one night is due to secure your trip, even if you want to stay 2, 3, 4 or 5 nights total.
These charges will be separated. Get Away Today will collect the money for the party ticket(s). Disney will collect the money for the hotel room(s).
More coming soon!
I’ll be updating this post with prizes as additional sponsors commit.
For starters, we have……
My daughter tried out one of these dresses – worth hundreds of dollars each – when Fairy Godmother Couture just started. She stopped traffic in the park! The costumes are so elaborate and fun and the simplicity of the process is fantastic. I recommend you try one out for your visit. (Find them at this link and use code DLR15 at checkout to save 15% on your rental.)
KidsnToddler carries all sorts of park basics like rain ponchos and totes. They also sell cute licensed apparel at a fraction of what you would pay at the parks. Definitely check them out prior to your trip. They also offer free domestic shipping and free returns! (Find them at this link.)
Lyn from Candles with Character is giving away a year’s membership to her candle-of-the-month club. Each month, you’ll receive a Disney-inspired scented candle. Lyn creates the biggest selection of Disney scented handmade candles in the market and they’re simply divine. (Find Dearly Loved at this link.)
Libby Tees is giving away a $50 gift card to purchase anything in their darling shop. You likely know Libby Tees for their park package and Disney inspired t-shirts, but they carry all sorts of fun items. Be sure to check them out prior to your visit for matching tees, cute totes and so much more. (Find Libby Tees at this link and use code DAILY10 for 10% off your purchase.)
Nichole makes the most darling skirts – with or without sashes – for park days and Disney Bounding. I have two and adore them! Lainey, my daughter, has one, too. Her site shares a huge selection as well as the option to customize your own design. Take a look at all she can do for you. (Find Damsel Designed at this link.)
I’m in love with these smart and durable bags designed for your park bag. They make getting through security a breeze, as well as searching for things while in the park. I carry 3-4 within my park bag for every trip to Disneyland. One holds my Minnie ears. One holds my tech gear. One holds miscellaneous items. Love! (Find Amy’s shop at this link and use code DAILY10 for 10% off your purchase.)
What Will I Take Home in my Goody Bag?
This, too, is a work in progress. I’ll update this post as more items are added.
For now, each guest can expect the following:
- Get Away Today cinch sack with pocket
- Get Away Today lanyard
- Get Away Today castle luggage tag
- A treat valued at $10 from Candles with Character by Dearly Loved
- Voucher for one edited, high resolution party image (valued at $15) from our professional photographer
- Candy (valued at $5)
- Disneyland Daily Button (valued at $2)
- PITP Party Button (valued at $4)
A few notes:
- The Spring 2018 Pearls in the Park party is open to adults and children. Most people wear cocktail attire (dresses, pants, ties, etc), but there is no dress code. Wear what makes you comfortable! The photo, above, shows my family from the Spring 2017 party. As you can see, I’m in heels, but my middle child wore the snarky ‘tuxedo tee’, khaki shorts and running shoes.
- While we won’t have a huge amount of entertainment specifically for children, we will have a table with kid-focused activities. My kids will be there, too. They are age 10, 11, and 17.
- Children attending the party must buy a full price party ticket. (Disney requires this.) Children will be treated like any other ticketed guests who can enjoy the entertainment, food, have a chance at winning prizes and will also leave with a goody bag.
- If you’re interested in a kid-free evening, Disneyland Resort Hotels can recommend a babysitting service to you.
- The cost of parking is not included in the party ticket.
- The cost of the party ticket does not include entrance to Disneyland or California Adventure. Along with information on discounted hotel rates, party ticket holders will be emailed information on discounted park tickets from Disney.
- This year, we will be honoring birthdays that fall on or around the party weekend. Please email me at Casey@DisneylandDaily.com if you or part of your crew will be celebrating while on this trip. My son is turning 12 the night of the event, another guest’s child is turning 12, and a few adults interested in the event have mentioned wanting to join us because of a birthday. Let me know!
- As we get closer to the party date, arrangements will be made for a meet-up in the parks so that we can take a group photo in front of the castle on a park day most PITP guests can attend. (Like the one a few sections back in this post.) Also, plan on a character meal meet up, too. Maybe more!
- Once you purchase a party ticket, you will be invited to a secret Facebook group for past and present PITP ticket holders. This is a great way to get to know everyone attending the next event so that you’re not walking into a crowd of strangers. We also discuss park meet ups on that page. Your invitation to join that page will be sent via email from Facebook. Occasionally, I learn from a guest that he or she didn’t receive one. Be sure to check your spam folder and/or Facebook settings to ensure your account will allow for such invitations. If you have any issues with this, email me at Casey@DisneylandDaily.com.
Please use the hashtag #PearlsInThePark2018 when posting about this event on social media, both before and after the event.
Love to see what everyone is doing!