Updated March 6, 2020
It’s totally possible to save money on tickets to Disneyland. I recommend you do because there will be plenty of other options to spend money at the parks. Save what you can now.
Let’s take a look at how you can save some money on your tickets.
In this article
- Current Deals
- Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets & Packages
- Universal Studios Orlando Tickets and Hotels
- How Get Away Today Works
- How to Attach Your Tickets to the Disneyland App & Buy MaxPass if You Didn’t Add MaxPass When Purchasing
- Get Away Today Packages
- Layaway Plans with Get Away Today
- One Day Tickets to Disneyland Resort
- Walt Disney World Tickets and Packages
***CHILD TICKET SALE***
First, tell your kids to go crack open those piggy banks because they’re saving big right now.
Here’s the scoop:
*Kids ages 3-9 save $96 on 3 Day Park Hoppers or 1-Park Per Day Tickets
*Kids ages 3-9 save $111 on 3 Day Park Hoppers Tickets with MaxPass or 1-Park Per Day Tickets with MaxPass
* Good for travel now – May 21, 2020
* One Magic Morning is included
* All three days must be complete within 13 days from the first day of activation
* Sale ends May 18, 2020
Purchase the above mentioned child tickets here (no promo code needed):
*Adult tickets can be purchased at that link, too, but they’re not as heavily discounted.
***5TH DAY FREE SALE***
Want to visit for more than 3 days? Purchase the Extra Day Free ticket for adults and kids, which includes 5 days for the price of 4.
Purchase the 5th day free tickets here (no promo code needed):
***SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RESIDENT TICKET SALE***
Next, the Southern California Resident Special is back!
Here’s that scoop:
* Valid on 3-Day tickets
* Good for travel now – May 21, 2020
* Save $116 on 3 Day Park Hoppers or 1-Park Per Day Tickets
* Save $131 on 3 Day Park Hoppers or 1-Park Per Day Tickets with MaxPass
* All three days must be complete by May 21, 2020. These tickets DO NOT require you visit within 13 days from the first day of activation.
* Valid for residents who live in ZIP codes 90000-93599. Residency will be verified at time of booking and government photo ID is required to use the tickets at the parks.
Here’s the pricing breakdown for this sale:
3 day SoCal Resident One Park Per Day (adult): $194
3 day SoCal Resident One Park Per Day (child): $194
3 day SoCal Resident One Park Per Day with MaxPass (adult): $239
3 day SoCal Resident One Park Per Day with MaxPass (child): $239
3 day SoCal Resident Park Hopper (adult): $249
3 day Socal Resident Park Hopper (child): $249
3 day SoCal Resident Park Hopper with MaxPass (adult): $294
3 day SoCal Resident Park Hopper with MaxPass (child): $294
Note: When you buy through the links above I make a small commission. I appreciate your support!
Or call 855.GET.AWAY to speak to someone directly.
For more info on the Layaway Plan, go here:
Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets & Packages
For discounted Universal Hollywood tickets, go here:
For discounted packages, go here:
Or, call 855.GET.AWAY to purchase.
Universal Studios Orlando Tickets and Hotels
To save on Universal Studios Orlando hotels and tickets, visit these links:
Universal Hotels: http://www.funjet.com/resorts/universal-orlando?&plcode=46521716
Non-Universal Hotels: https://www.getawaytoday.com/destination/universal-orlando-resort?referrerid=7461
Or, call 855.GET.AWAY to purchase.
How Get Away Today Works
- Get Away Today tickets are open to guests world-wide. Pricing provided is in U.S. dollars.
- Tickets may be purchased online or over the phone at 855-GET-AWAY.
- Tickets for two or more days at the Disneyland Resort can be bought at a discount up to 24 hours prior to your first day at the parks. If you’re 24-48 hours out from your visit, call Get Away Today at 855.GET.AWAY to purchase. If you’re 3 or more days out from your visit, purchase online here.
- Tickets are sent electronically, which means you will take either your phone or printed confirmation straight to the gate. No need to go to a ticket booth to pick-up tickets!
- When you present your confirmation at the gate, a cast member will quickly take your photo and have you sign a physical park ticket. Every guest in the park will have a paper ticket. These can be used to enter the park, pull FASTPASSES, etc, etc.
- If you would like to attach your tickets to the Disneyland app, wait to do so until you receive your actual paper tickets at the gate. The numbers Disney provides on your confirmation don’t always sync with what will be on your paper tickets. It’s best to wait. (Scroll down for more info on how to attach your tickets.)
- The tickets you purchase with Get Away Today are authentic Disneyland tickets. And just like purchasing through Disneyland, if you purchase a 3+ day ticket, you will receive entry into one Magic Morning at Disneyland Park. For more information on Magic Morning (and the difference between it and Extra Magic Hour), visit this link.
- Get Away Today has been partnered with Disney for 29 years and is a completely reliable source for discounts. I’ve been working with them for over 1.5 years, have sold thousands of tickets and have bought them myself. So, you’re safe! I guarantee it. If you have any problems at all, I’ll back you up.
How to Attach Your Tickets to the Disneyland App & Buy MaxPass if You Didn’t Add MaxPass When Purchasing
As mentioned above, you should wait until you receive your physical tickets at the Disneyland gate to attach them to your Disneyland app.
In order to be completely ready for this, make sure you have the following done prior to arriving at Disneyland:
- Create an account at Disneyland.com.
- Download the Disneyland app to your phone.
- Log into your Disneyland account on your phone with the same info as you would use to log in online.
Once you arrive at the Disneyland Resort and are ready to go into the parks, take your ticket confirmation purchase to the gates. A cast member will exchange your confirmation for tickets for every guest in your party. You will have a photo taken and you’ll be asked to sign the ticket. This process goes much quicker than you’re thinking, so don’t stress over it now.
After you walk through the gates, take a moment to attach the paper tickets that you received to your app. This link shows you exactly how that’s done.
Once you have your tickets attached, the option to purchase MaxPass will pop up on your screen. The process to purchase it is super simple. This video walks you through how to purchase MaxPass and then how to select your first FASTPASS via MaxPass. (Note: the video mentions the original, limited time pricing for MaxPass, which was $10 a person. It’s now $15 a person.) For everything you need to know about MaxPass, go here.
Adding your tickets and buying MaxPass will only take a few minutes after you walk in the gate. I typically go in and to the far right or left so as not to stop incoming traffic behind me. Get organized and then continue on with your day.
Get Away Today Packages
Want to take care of everything at once? Allow Get Away Today to book your discounted hotel, theme park tickets, and more.
Get Away Today partners with Disney hotels and the best off-site hotels to provide you with so many great options for your visit. Many of the hotels they work with have extra perks exclusive to Get Away Today guests only. Enjoy free parking or free breakfast at some of their off-site hotels.
Visit this link to look into all of these options. It’s an easy, stress free experience!
Use code DDaily to save an extra $10 off your package.
Layaway Plans with Get Away Today
Whether you’re booking a full vacation package or just theme park tickets, you may use the interest-free Layaway Plan when you purchase with Get Away Today. Put $175 down to secure your purchase and then make payments when you want and for how much you want up until 5 days prior to traveling.
You may set up your Layaway Plan online or by calling 855.GET.AWAY.
- There are many ticket sellers out there that promise great pricing, but can actually leave you with fraudulent tickets. I can’t think of a worse way to start your trip – or end it, really – depending on if you could even afford to replace those tickets. Absolutely do not buy tickets off of Craiglist or similar sites that are not run by reputable, Disney-approved ticket sellers.
- Single Day tickets must be bought directly through Disneyland.
- When you purchase through Get Away Today, I receive a small commission. Thank you so much for supporting my site!
One Day Tickets to Disneyland Resort
All one day tickets (one-park-per-day or hoppers) must be purchased through Disneyland directly. Use the Disneyland app to buy these.
Walt Disney World Tickets and Packages
Visiting Disney World (the one in Florida) instead of Disneyland (the one in California)?
Get Away Today can help with that, too.
Find discounted tickets for WDW at this link.
Or, call 855-GET-AWAY to purchase.
Need to book a vacation to Walt Disney World? Get Away Today does it all for you with a fabulous concierge service including:
- finding discounts you couldn’t find on your own
- reserving dining
- booking FastPasses
- and so much more!
Fill out this quick quote request form to get started.
To get started planning a trip to
the dark side Walt Disney World, visit this link.